Always a Witch

Title: Always a Witch (Sequel to Once a Witch)
Author: Carolyn MacCullough
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Summary:
The adventures of Tam and Gabriel continue with more time travel, Talents, spy work, and of course, the evil Knights.

Since the gripping conclusion of Once A Witch, Tamsin Greene has been haunted by her grandmother's prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision—one so terrible that it could harm her family forever. When she discovers that her enemy, Alistair Knight, went back in time to Victorian-era New York in order to destroy her family, Tamsin is forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the nineteenth century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady's maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the advances of Liam Knight. As time runs out, both families square off in a thrilling display of magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.
My Take:
I was very disappointed with this book. BUMMER! I really did enjoy the first book, Once a Witch. Much like my blog posts 99% of the time, Always a Witch seemed to have no real "meaty" parts to it. I'm normally just too scared I'm going to babble and say too much. MacCullough finished the story for Tamsin and gave us closure, but I just thought the filling between the beginning and the ending was just too convenient. She definitely could have babbled and said too much at times so it might have interested me more.

And that ending?!?! WTF? I don't understand the wink and the "Ah". Am I that clueless? Did I miss something big that would tell me what the heck that is supposed to mean? She's a beacon for them all. Ooooookkkkaaaaay. 

My Rating:

After enjoying Once a Witch so much, Always a Witch really let me down.



1 comment:

  1. Carolyn always provide a batter edition. I like to read Carolyn books. Here give a well explanation to know about the "Always a Witch" books story. This is really give a well excitement to read this nice books.

    photo books

    ReplyDelete