Review: Deity

Title: Deity
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Summary & Cover:

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

My Thoughts:
The only bad thing about this book is the wait until the 4th novel, APOLLYON!

DEITY is the third book in the Covenant Series. This book continues right where the last, PURE, left us. It's amazing how much has happened now in just three books! While reading this one, Jennifer reminds us that it's only been 10 months since Alex has returned to Deity Island, the Covenant in North Carolina.

Alex and Seth have had to spend a lot of time together since they will "be one" after she Awakens. Alex flip-flops back and forth each time she gets a new apollyon mark. She thinks Seth keeps forcing them to appear before time, but he assures her he's not.

In comes Lucian, gross stepfather of the century. He takes Seth with him to New York for council business, so Alex is left alone. Kind of. Due to the incidents that happened in New York and concern for her overall safety, she has been assigned guards. Guess who one of the lucky guards iiiiis! Aiden! Swoony "I don't love you" Aiden.

While Seth is away, we get to spend time with Aiden. Yay, Aiden!!! We find out more about Leon. (Holy crap! I did NOT see THAT coming!) We also find out about a traitor and secret group.

Page 213, my heart stopped. Or flopped. I'm not sure. So...so...so many feelings!

Near the end of this book, we meet some of the gods. Just so you know, they are paying attention! If you read PURE, you knew this anyway when the Furies showing up in New York.

At the end of the book is Alex's birthday. Apollyon Awakening time! And dang, no more pages!

I typically do not hurry time, but I am in desperate need of April to get here. Now. Or better yet, 5 minutes ago!

PS...I KNEW it about Aiden's necklace he started wearing in the last book. My gut just told me it just HAD to be! Super awwww!

My Rating:
5 "oh my gods" Mickeys!
The Covenant Series is definitely my version of Aether. I can't get enough!

4 comments:

  1. I sooo need to start this series.. Thanks for sharing a great review... :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to loan you my set! They are amaaaaaazing, Jenea!

      Delete
  2. I loved Half-Blood and Pure, but I still need to buy Deity. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it :) I'm Team Seth, but Aiden is also pretty amazing :) So excited to see what happens on page 213.... fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After you read Deity, you will soooooo be 100% Team Aiden! Hehehe Please let me know when you get to page 213!!! :)

      Delete