Review: Torrent

Title: Torrent (River of Time #3)
Author: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Source: Borrowed from my Library

Goodreads Summary & Cover:
Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times.

But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death.


**CASCADE (Book #2) SPOILERS. Proceed with caution!**




My Take:
I have fallen completely in love with this series. Torrent was a great way to end it! I know there are a couple of novellas now, and I will read those, but as for the series, I count it as completed. (Good news! Lisa announced that she is going to have a paperback with both novellas, Bourne and Tributary, for us physical copy readers! As of now, they're only available in ebook format. YAY!)

We start this book off with the girls and their mom...and their dad! They went back in time at the end of Cascade to save him. And they did! When they returned back to Tuscany, he fell right into step with them just like their mom did...after he realized it wasn't really a dream.

More fighting. More capturing. More nails bitten. I'm down to no nails, but I loved every single page!

We also had the Lord Greco feelings to deal with in this book. (I can't wait to read his novella!)

I have loved the world that Lisa created and brought to life for us. It's a world filled with discontent and war, but it's finally over! Yay for the ending and that's all I can say about that without spoiling anything.

Lia and Gabi...true heroines!

Marcello, Luca, and Greco...worthy of the swooning!

My Rating:
I have added this series to my wishlist. However, I have a feeling that I will be rushing to buy them for myself. Soon!
I am very thankful to my Library for having them for me to borrow and fall in love with!

1 comment:

  1. I have check this series out. It does sound really good. Great review.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete