My goal for this readathon was to:
- Finish reading The Year of the Great Seventh and write a review. Check!
- Read The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Check!
- Read It's Not Summer Without You. Check!
- We'll Always Have Summer. Unsuccessful. I ran out of time.
- I did get to do one of the mini-challenges...besides my own. :) I did the BookBFF Youtube question. That was a quick and easy answer for me. :) Hafsah (@Iceybooks) is the Yin to my Yang. Or something like that! :)
Well, I came close to finishing, at least! I thought a month ago, I'd be able to do all kinds of reading. However, when I was writing up my goal post on Sunday, I knew there were a lot of things on my calendar and a lot of interruptions for my days. I set the bar low, and sadly, I still didn't make it.
I'm okay with not making my goal. I finished reading 3 books in 3 days! That's more than I've been doing lately! I am still currently 15 or 16 books behind on my Goodreads goal for the year. I need to pick up the pace while I still can this summer. Once school starts back, my life is mayhem all over again!
Thank you to the ladies who hosted this readathon and the Twitter chat! I was glad I could pop in on that for a few minutes last night.
I'll be back next time to join y'all again! And now, I'm heading back to read more of We'll Always Have Summer! I have loved the first two books and I feel heartache incoming.