Bunheads Review

Book Title: Bunheads      
Author: Sophie Flack
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company / Poppy
Pages: 294
Source: Borrowed from my Library


Goodreads Summary:
As a dancer with the ultra-prestigious Manhattan Ballet Company, nineteen-year-old Hannah Ward juggles intense rehearsals, dazzling performances and complicated backstage relationships. Up until now, Hannah has happily devoted her entire life to ballet. 
But when she meets a handsome musician named Jacob, Hannah's universe begins to change, and she must decide if she wants to compete against the other "bunheads" in the company for a star soloist spot or strike out on her own in the real world. Does she dare give up the gilded confines of the ballet for the freedoms of everyday life?

My take:
I seriously loved this book. Sophie's life experience was definitely brought to life in the pages of this story. I felt like I was a part of the story sometimes -- felt her pain, the choices she had to make, the hard work, the sacrifices, the friendships in the dressing rooms, the pressure -- all of it! I know I could never deal with that much pressure and stress. Ever!

I loved the ending. I sobbed when she made her final decision. Jacob, oh Jacob...you were patient and so smitten with Hannah from the beginning. Matt, you were a douche nugget. Call me! I'll let you spend money on me!

I am very interested in what Sophie has planned with the future and if there are any other book projects in the works. Real life experiences are great to write about.


My Rating:

This is definitely a book that I would recommend to people! 


This is the first book and review to satisfy a portion of my participation in the Completely Contemp Challenge (#CCC) hosted by Shanyn at Chick Loves Lit.


No comments:

Post a Comment