Review: Waterfall

Title: Waterfall (River of Time Series: Book 1)
Author: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Source: Borrowed from my Library

Goodreads Summary and Cover:
What do you do when your knight in shining armor lives, literally, in a different world?
Most American teenagers want a vacation in Italy, but the Betarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives among the romantic hills with their archaelogist parents. Stuck among the rubble of the medieval castles in rural Tuscany, on yet another hot, dusty archaeological site, Gabi and Lia are bored out of their minds...until Gabi places her hand atop a handprint in an ancient tomb and finds herself in fourteenth-century Italy. And worse yet, in the middle of a fierce battle between knights of two opposing forces.
Suddenly Gabi's summer in Italy is much, much more interesting.

My Thoughts:
For a book that started off a little slow for me, it surely did turn itself around! The beginning was just kind of a Zzzzfest and I felt that the traveling part could have been a little more...detailed? Exciting? Mature? Regardless, it picked up in pace and excitement! 
The knights, castellos, swooning moments, dresses, fights, secret kisses, jealousy...ALL so beautiful, entertaining, and amazing!

I was very thankful that the language used was in terms that I could understand. This wasn't a historical fiction book that made me have to re-read passages over again so I could understand what I was reading. Lisa made it easy reading.

That ending nearly ripped out my heart. I need the second book now! How I wish for Sunday Library openings!

 I hope that Gabi and Lia can figure out a way to get back. Or a way to get Marcello and Luca to them. Tricky, tricky! I will be biting my nails even more, I'm sure, than I did through Waterfall.


My Rating:
Waterfall took me by surprise and left me wanting more! I am definitely reading the rest of the series! 



3 comments:

  1. i've greatly enjoyed this book as well. And soon we will have the second enovella that complete the trilogy ^^; part of me is anxious the other hope the new enolla will be as good as the book ( i was a bit disappointed with the first enovella)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Waterfall and I liked it too. Although I don't remember the ending. It's been a while since I read it. I will have to reread it before I pick up the second book.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dipping into the River of Time! So glad you liked WATERFALL!

    ReplyDelete