Ditched Review

Title: Ditched: A Love Story
Author: Robin Mellom
Source: Borrowed from my Library

Goodreads Summary:
High school senior Justina Griffith was never the girl who dreamed of going to prom. Designer dresses and strappy heels? Not her thing. So she never expected her best friend, Ian Clark, to ask her. Ian, who promised her the most amazing night at prom. And then ditched her.



My Take:
Oh. My. Goodness! Poor Justina! What a night!

First, she starts her night off in a blue, shimmering prom dress. Not bad...until dyed matching shoes and a matching blue corsage are added. Never take mom's advice about big events when you're 17! Never!

After being left by Ian at the prom, I'm glad Justina had the Mikes, Serenity, and Bliss. The two girls from another school treated her better than the people at her own school. Serenity was the bomb!

All of the mishaps of the evening are hilarious! Ending up at the 7-Eleven, talking to two complete strangers about your night is just the icing on the cake. Gilda and Donna: therapists in their own right.

Barracuda. I nearly died laughing with the helmet, tighty-whities, and the freezing curiosity. Hahah!

So many YA books read and I've never come across dog-swapping before. But, essentially, this dog-swapping is what ruined Justina's night! Read the book -- you'll see!!

The only downfall to this book is the reputation that these girls get. So? She kissed two boys at a party 8 months ago. I don't like that she felt and was called a slut for her kissing game.

My Rating:
Ditched: A Love Story is an enjoyable read! This is a fun one to recommend for someone looking for a fun read about a disastrous night ending up all right. I am a sucker for happy endings. :)



Ditched satisfies a portion for both of my challenges: Completely Contemporary Challenge (CCC) and Standalone Reading Challenge (SARC).




No comments:

Post a Comment