Shine Review

Title: Shine
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Source: Purchased by me (It was in the bookstore early! Squeeeee!!!)

Goodreads Summary:
In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.

As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart. 
My Take:
I am having a seriously hard time writing what I thought about this book. All I can keep coming up with is...
"Holy crap! That was so great! Awesome! Amazing! OMG! I need a hot Scot in a kilt!" And so on, and so forth.

The research that went into this series..and the planning...awesome job, Jeri! There were so many times that I felt like I could have been standing in Ireland, Scotland, and even Baltimore, and seeing what Aura and Zachary were seeing.

The science in Shine was very well described. I'm not a big science fan, but I didn't feel lost. Jeri was able to explain everything that was happening, very well, using the characters.

I loved that Aura was so very compassionate to Shades. The calling and letting them pass through her was amazing!

Boooooo on the bad guys! Greedy corporations are...well, GREEDY!

I'm no perv, but when Aura and Zachary were finally together in Ireland, even when they were just at the airport, I was cheering and doing a little fist pump in the air action. Yeah! When they got to the B&B, I think I may have swooned. Or something!

"Operation Scot Free" earned quite the giggle, and maybe even a snort, from me. I can neither confirm, nor deny, that snort.

My Rating:
Shine, and the entire series, just ends up being a 5 star set! I loved the concept, all of the scientific research, the Scottish and Irish research, and all of the Baltimore love from Jeri! (Nice way to introduce the Poe House to more people!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment