Under the Never Sky Review

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Source: Purchased by me

Goodreads Summary:

Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered. This was worse.


Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - known as The Death Shop - are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild - a savage - and her only hope of staying alive.


A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile - everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

My Take:
Whoa! I finished this book last night and all I could think about today was "what's going to happen?!?!"

Under the Never Sky created an interesting world and interesting view points of two types of people. Rossi created very likable characters. I thought the team of Perry and Aria was fantastic! I loved when Roar joined in with the two of them. He really helped Aria cope and deal with what she had witnessed. Thank goodness for Roar! He and Perry helped Aria so much and she grew so strong by the end of this book. I LOVE THAT!

Aria was never really whiny and the obnoxious female main character that we often get. Yes, she panicked when she was dumped out into the Outside. I would have too if I was taught that I would die if I went out there.

Ohhhh, the secret that her mom had sent. Oooooo!!!!

If you've read the book, or even the inside jacket, I nearly died when I read the below part in the book. OMG!

"Since she'd been on the Outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered.

This was worse."

Yep, about DIED! :)

I need the next book, Through the Ever Night, like 10 minutes ago! I am so very excited about this story! Rossi had an amazing debut, in my opinion!

My Rating:
If you like Dystopians, READ Under the Never Sky! If you like Dystopians that are different than the generic Dystopians out there, you HAVE to READ Under the Never Sky!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa~!
    I'm so GLAD you liked this book so much! I am yet to read it myself, but your fabulous review really god me excited for it! Great job! And isn't the blue-ish cover stunning?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is beautiful! I am so glad I finally got to read it! It's been staring at me from the bookshelf for a little bit. It was very hard to put down!

      I hope you love it when you get a chance to read it!

      Delete