Obsidian Review

Title: Obsidian
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Summary:
Starting over sucks.


When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.


And then he opened his mouth.


Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.


The hot alien living next door marks me.


You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.


If I don’t kill him first, that is.

My Take:
Oh, heavens! I have been trying to hold off for a while on reading this book until it was closer to time for the release of Onyx. I just couldn't wait any longer! The #DaemonInvasion and all of the excitement on Twitter finally just "MADE" me put it on top of my TBR pile.

I had no doubts that I would love this book. I am pretty certain that Jennifer could never write anything bad! I am so in love with her and her writing, that I hope she just continues writing and writing...and writing!

I love the characters in Obsidian! I loved Dee's (Daemon's twin sister) enthusiasm right off the bat when she met Katy. Even though she fully understood the danger it could mean in having a human friend, she never let that deter her.

I love Katy! The book blogging thing tickled me and I chuckled at some of the references. One of my favorite lines about book blogging that I laughed...out loud...loudly...about was the:

"Because this was absolutely insane--the craziest thing I'd ever done. Worse than giving a one-star review, scarier than asking for an interview with an author I'd give my firstborn to eat lunch with..."

LOL! And LOL some more!!!!

I was glad that Katy didn't freak out when she found out about the Luxen (good aliens) and Arum (bad aliens) and how many that there were. I'm not sure I could have had the same understanding and composure.

Daemon Black. Oh, Daemon Black! You are the best guy that I love to hate! You are mean to Katy, but it's so understandable.  The scene where Daemon helps the trace lighten on Katy...SO MEAN!!!!!!! Argh!


Daemon, from day 1, wanted to keep Katy out of his and his sister's lives. He knows that humans can be dangerous to them. We found out in this book (and there's a novella, Shadows) about Dee's and Daemon's brother and that they were triplets. I'm going to have to purchase that for Kindle just so I can read it on the computer and know his story better. You get just a glimpse of it in Obsidian, really. Enough to understand that humans are dangerous to the Luxen, though!

I am so curious now as to what's going to happen in Onyx (book 2) and Opal (book 3)! The relationship with Katy and Daemon? The potential danger from more Arum? The DOD? What might Andrew and Ash do? Whatever it is, I hope it means more hot Daemon time! This character is totally swoon-worthy!

If you've read Obsidian, don't forget that there's a Daemon POV on Jennifer's website...here!!!


My Rating:
In the words of Mary Murphy from So You Think You Can Dance, Daemon and Katy are on the HOT TAMALE TRAIN!!! I loved, loved, loved Obsidian!

Just go ahead and add all Jennifer L. Armentrout's books to your TBR lists and book piles. They are SO worth reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love this review! Jennifer Armentrout is an amazing author! Great review! I also love your blog! New follower via bloglovin'! :D

    ReplyDelete